Contraindication to any facial treatment
- Cold Sores
- Colds/Flu or generally unwell.
- Lymphatic cancers (will contraindicate the facial massage)
- Undergoing Cancer Treatment (This will require a doctor/specialists note stating if they are comfortable for you to have treatment at this stage. If not, then we recommend waiting 3/6 months after treatment has completed)
- Major Surgery – Regardless of the area of the body, facials can speed up the circulatory system which can lead to infections travelling around the body at a quicker phase. We recommend 6 months after surgery before having a treatment.
- Botox & Fillers (will need to wait 3 weeks before commencing treatments)
- clients using Retin-A, Renova, Adapalene or any other intensive prescribed exfoliating product must discontinue use at least 2 weeks before undergoing this treatment. Clients taking Accutane or have taken Accutane within the past 6 months, should not receive any exfoliation treatment.
- Sunburned or irritated skin.
- Do not undertake any other facial treatments within 48 hours of your appointment
- Avoid heat treatments such as sauna, steam rooms for 48 hours.
- Avoid perfumed products, self tan or heavy makeup application for 12-24 hours.
- Do not apply any other exfoliating skincare products for 72 hours after having a facial
- Drink plenty of water to flush away any toxins following massage.
- Use an SPF.
- Stop or reduce smoking.
- Cut down your alcohol consumption.
- Eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water.
- Follow a skin care routine to nourish and treat your skin.
- If you experience a reaction to your treatment that continues for more than 24 hours please see your GP.