- IF you have any of the following conditions, please do not book a massage:
- Contagious diseases, including any cold or flu, no matter how mild it may seem
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol-including prescription pain medication
- Recent operations or acute injuries
- Skin diseases
Our therapist can massage but not over any of the following areas affected by:
- Varicose veins
- Undiagnosed lumps or bumps
- Pregnancy (1st Trimester and thereafter without a midwife or GP consent)
- Undiagnosed pain
- Inflammation, including arthritis
Our therapist would need a medical note from your GP to massage if you have any of the following conditions:
- Cardio-vascular conditions (thrombosis, phlebitis, hypertension, heart conditions)
- High blood pressure (untreated)
- Nervous or psychotic conditions
- Heart problems, angina, those with pacemakers
- Diabetes (untreated)
- Bell’s palsy, trapped or pinched nerves
- Gynecological infections
- Avoid alcohol for at least 24 hours.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat a light meal.
- Get plenty of rest.
- If you want to exercise – do gentle exercise – postural exercises can help with muscle tension as well as exercises that will assist with mobility. Yoga is a suitable and gentle option.
- Do breathing exercises.