A radio frequency facial is a non-invasive treatment that uses heat energy to create a controlled injury to your skin, which, in turn, promotes collagen and elastin production — the two key proteins responsible for skin firmness, tightness, and smoothness. As with any injury, whether it’s a big cut or a tiny scratch, your body works overtime to heal the wound, churning out fresher, newer, tighter skin.
Contraindications to Radio Frequency
- Patients who suffer from significant amounts of redundant skin – client will not see desired results.
- Cancer (all forms).
- Undergoing chemotherapy or immunotherapy.
- High blood pressure (uncontrolled).
- Diabetes (uncontrolled).
- Prednisone and other steroid medications (treatment will increase inflammation).
- Heart problems or diseases.
- Kidney damage, diseases or problems.
- Liver damage, diseases or problems.
- Haemorrhagic disease, trauma or bleeding.
- Numb or insensitive to heat.
- Active implanted device such as pacemaker or defibrillator.